IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT – PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING
Deadline for Working-at-Heights Training has been extended to Oct. 1, 2017
But with Strict Conditions for Employers and Workers
The original April 1, 2017 deadline set by the Ontario government two years ago for all workers who work at heights greater than three meters (10 ft.) on construction projects to complete new Working-at-Heights training and be certified by the Ministry of Labour has been extended by 6 months to October 1, 2017.
Specific conditions must be met to qualify for this extension.
This extension only applies to workers who had completed adequate falls prevention training prior to April, 2015 (2 years ago) in accordance with s. 26.2(1) of O. Reg. 213/91 (Construction Projects), and it is granted with strict conditions for employers and their workers who work at heights on construction projects:
• Workers must be immediately enrolled in a Ministry of Labour-approved working-at-heights training program scheduled to be completed before October 1, 2017; and
• Employers must have written proof of enrollment that documents:
– Name of the worker
– Name of the MOL-approved training provider
– Date the training is to be completed
– Name of the approved training program
This written proof of enrollment must be made available to a MOL Inspector upon request. Without it, employers could face penalties or work stoppages.
Call Act First Safety now to schedule the required Working-at-Heights training
and receive a MOL-authorized proof of enrollment.
Welcome To Act First Safety
Act First Safety’s ‘Working at Heights’ program is approved with the Ontario Ministry of Labour.
Approved Training Provider ID Number for ‘Act First Safety’ has been provided to us from the Ontario MOL – and we are listed as an ‘approved trainer’ on the MOL website.
Act First Safety is a full service occupational health and safety company providing both instructor led and online safety training, industrial safety products and consulting to Canadian businesses.
We are dedicated to:
- Understanding Your Business
- Providing Customer Value
- Suggesting Practical Solutions
- Developing Excellent Relationships
- Operating Professionally
- Customer Appreciation
We continue to focus on developing new services that will help businesses achieve their health, safety and performance objectives for now and in the future.
Health and Safety Training Programs covering Office, Industrial, and Construction sectors offered at your workplace:
Instructor-led Training Programs
Many of our Instructor led training programs are available to be taken Online over the Internet:
- Working at Heights Training / Fall Protection
- Lift Truck or Forklift Operator Training
- Aerial Lift or Elevating Work Platform Training
- Fire Extinguisher Training Program
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System Training
- Respirator Fit Testing Program
- Confined Space Awareness Training
- Workplace Violence Prevention Training
- Asbestos Awareness and Abatement Training
- WHMIS Healthcare / Dental Training
- First Aid and CPR Training
- Propane Training Ontario
Online / eLearning Training Programs
Its easy to register and we’ll have you training from the convenience of your computer in minutes. Call us at 416-283-7233 (local GTA) or Toll Free at 1-855-260-7233 to register or contact us for further information about these programs.
For Companies(big or small) that would like to purchase our Online Training and manage/administer their trainees, we’ll customize your own Learning Management System – FREE, and show you how easy it is to use.
- Online WHMIS Training – Provides participants with the basic knowledge necessary to work with hazardous materials as required by law.
- Online Transportation of Dangerous Goods Training – This program provides an understanding of the hazards and regulatory requirements associated with dangerous goods controlled products. This course is required for companies who ship by road and/or rail only.
- Online Fall Protection / Fall Arrest Training – Provides participants with an understanding of their responsibilities when working in areas where fall hazards exist, the use of and inspection of the required equipment and the critical controls necessary to reduce the risk of a fall. Requires a practical evaluation.
- Online Forklift / Lift Truck Training – This safe operation of a forklift /lift truck program makes participants aware of their legal responsibilities and provides the required information to achieve the theory portion of becoming a competent operator. Requires a practical evaluation
- Online Aerial Lift Training – Focuses on safe operation of self – propelled elevating work platforms and self-propelled boom supported elevating work platforms. Requires a practical evaluation.
- Online Lockout / Tagout Training Program – This program is designed to ensure employers, management and workers understand the hazards associated with uncontrolled energy and the proper methods of controlling energy through a properly developed and implemented lockout program.
- Online Fire Safety Training Program – Provides participants with the knowledge necessary to prevent fires in the workplace and also focuses on the basic elements of fire prevention and protection.
- Online Confined Space Training Program – Participants learn about the potential hazards of working in these spaces and the elements necessary to control hazards prior to entry.
- Online Workplace Violence and Harassment Training Program – Participants will have a greater appreciation of the negative effects of inappropriate workplace behaviour.
- Online Hydrogen Sulfide/H2S Awareness Training Program – Participants learn about personal breathing apparatus, contingency planning and rescue methods used to assist victims of overexposure.
- Online Ladder Safety Training Program – Anyone using a ladder must comply and obtain the necessary training in order to reduce or eliminate worker injuries. This program complies with all necessary regulations.
- Online Due Diligence Training Program – This program provides participants with an understanding of the responsibilities and reasonable steps to be taken for the protection of all workplace parties and explores the elements critical to a strong health and safety program and safety management system.
- Online Office Ergonomics Training Program – This program identifies the risk factors associated with poor ergonomic positioning, but more importantly the controls necessary to prevent musculoskeletal disorders from occurring.
- Online Manual Material Handling Training Program – This program explores common causes and controls of MSDs, and introduces safe working procedures in order to handle material in the workplace without injury. The term MSD is used collectively for a number of injuries and disorders of the muscles, tendons, nerves, and more.
- Online Dental WHMIS Training Program
- Online Workplace Inspections Training
- Online Incident Investigation Training Program
- Online Joint Health & Safety Committee Training – Completion of JHSC Certification Part I training program is the first step in becoming a Certified Member of your JHSC. JHSC Certification Part II program continues to provide the training necessary to become a Certified Member of a Joint Health & Safety Committee.